This position is for an entry level photometry technician to support the testing, calibration and measurement of detectors, halogen light sources, retroreflection and Solid State – LED based lamps/light sources. It entails the use and calibration of photometers, radiometers, spectroradiometers, colorimeters and light sources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform testing, measurements and calibrations of lamps, detectors, spectrometers/monochromators and LED based lamps per established procedures. Manage the day to day workflow. Interface with customers as needed.
- Develop test methods and procedures for new types of calibration services.
- Maintain test equipment by analyzing performance, and conduct calibration tests with reference standards.
- Interface with engineers in developing and revising test procedures.
- Support engineers on qualification testing of new products.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to handle all essential laboratory duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong knowledge of college level Physics/Engineering with emphasis in optics or basic knowledge in the fundamentals of photometry and colorimetry.
- Basic ability in reading optical, electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and testing electrical components.
- Must understand testing processes and procedures for calibration and test development.
- Must know ESD safe work practices.
- PC skills in Windows environment including Excel, Word, and NI LabView. Ability to program in Excel and Labview a plus.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Position may include light travel for onsite testing and service.
* AS degree with technical experience required; BS degree in Physics, Optics, or Engineering preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write reports and understand procedures and manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers and customers.
To apply, click the button below. Be sure to include your name and the position you are applying for, along with your resume.