The Production Expediter will ensure production schedules, deadlines, and quotas are met by overseeing the flow of materials, components, tooling, and paperwork among departments, and by taking action to solve problems and fulfill rush orders.
- Reviews product orders and contracts to fully understand deadlines and production quotas.
- Collaborates with internal clients, suppliers, & necessary stakeholders to discuss timelines and answer inquiries.
- Drafts, revises, and distributes production schedules.
- Communicates with departments to ensure that materials, components, tools, and paperwork are supplied efficiently.
- Identifies problems in workflows, determines required solutions and improvements, and implements necessary modifications in affected departments and teams.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to increase production; options may include recommending hiring staff, increasing overtime, or obtaining new machinery.
- Identifies the cause of product defects; implements plans to resolve problems.
- Communicates with departments and customers when shipping delays occur.
- Collects and analyzes data regarding efficiency and timeliness of production.
- Maintains or assists with maintenance of inventories; recommends ordering of supplies as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of experience in production or knowledge of scheduling process required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
To apply, click the button below. Be sure to include your name and the position you are applying for, along with your resume.