Gamma Scientific is excited to announce the open position of Software Development Engineering Manager. We are looking for a true, passionate individual to lead our software development team. This role will participate in the entire software development cycle of data acquisition and control systems for laboratory and factory automation applications. The ideal candidate will have experience with hardware integration and communication protocols as well as the ability to lead a highly-skilled team of developers.
Why You Want to Work with Us –
- We work on very esoteric projects. Some are one-off custom installations. Some become part of our product line. It’s always interesting and challenging. You need to bring everything you know.
- Our projects are generally smaller – one and two-person efforts.
- This is a hands-on role with development activities and delivery commitments in addition to managing and mentoring our team.
About You –
You are a “big picture” thinker who understands tradeoffs and time constraints. You provide an environment that promotes innovation and creative problem-solving. You understand industry best practices and are able to adapt them to new situations.
Expected Skills and Experience –
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or substantial relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing technical teams, including performance management
- Strong proficiency in .NET Windows environment
- Proficiency in one or more object-oriented programming languages (C#, C++, Java)
- Experience migrating monolithic architectures to a modern technology stack.
- Collaborative work style that’s open to discussion, idea sharing, and feedback
Duties and Responsibilities –
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to set and achieve optimal outcomes
- Partner with leadership to drive design and prioritization
- Efficiently manage teams’ time and take accountability of delivery commitments and manage risks
- Guide, coach, and mentor the software development team
- Set the standards for design, development, and deployment
- Participate in technical design
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Safeguard and improve the processes and adherence to SDLC
- Where appropriate, oversee the migration of monolithic architecture to modern technology
About Us –
Gamma Scientific is a fast-paced company that offers opportunities to forge software design and development of science-based applications. At Gamma Scientific, we have over 60 years of expertise in building high-performance light measurement systems and are trusted by the world’s leading organizations to provide accurate results using both standard and custom solutions. Gamma Scientific continues to be a technology pioneer, setting the pace with such innovations as computer-controlled light measurement systems for Displays, including AR and VR, tunable LED light source for image sensor testing, mobile reflectometers for Nightime Highway Safety. We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our team and help to bring the light metrology industry’s new cutting-edge technology. We offer a number of challenging applications to utilize and grow your skills as well as excellent benefits with a 401(k) matching plan, a great location, and freedom to develop and design software.
To apply, click the button below. Be sure to include your name and the position you are applying for, along with your resume.