This Mid-Level Software Engineer will develop and deploy new software solutions and must be able to work closely with other engineers and team members in order to implement designs and meet deadlines. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
$70K – $90K, depending on experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, code, and debug moderately complex software in C#, C, C++, Python, and other
selected programming languages
- Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
- Integrate software with existing systems, send and receive commands with various hardware/software interfaces
- Troubleshoot system-level issues, including software interaction with external devices
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Gamma Scientific associates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Develop user-friendly front-end graphical user interfaces
- May perform as a technical leader or Lead Software Engineer for specific software projects
- Collaborate and add value through participation in team development projects, providing comments and suggestions
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem-solving techniques
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment, and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Write product and/or application information including manuals, procedures and datasheets
- Travel to assist with software implementation and system integration in the field
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Software Development.
- Should possess good multi-tasking skills and be a versatile problem solver.
- Solid background in Software Development principles and practices. Object-oriented design skills are required. A strong background in Mathematics is required.
- Experience with the .NET framework, Visual Studio, Mercurial, and other software development tools. Comfortable working with a substantial legacy codebase
- Experience with hardware-software integration is a plus.
- Must write clean, readable, maintainable object-oriented code Basic knowledge in the fundamentals of spectroradiometer, photometry and colorimetry is desired.
- Experience with light measurement test equipment, electronic laboratory equipment or commercial display equipment is a plus
- General PC skills in Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Linux knowledge is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other Engineering disciplines