This position is for a creative Software Engineer to develop and deploy new software solutions. The Software Engineer must be able to work closely with other engineers and team members in order to implement designs and meet deadlines. Since Gamma Scientific is a small fast-growing company, the Software Engineer should possess good multi-tasking skills and be a versatile problem solver. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, code, and debug moderately complex software in C#, C, C++, Python, and other selected programming languages
- Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
- Integrate software with existing systems, send and receive commands with various hardware/software interfaces
- Troubleshoot system level issues, including software interaction with external devices
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Gamma Scientific associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Develop user-friendly front end graphical user interfaces
- May perform as a technical leader or Lead Software Engineer for specific software projects
- Collaborate and add value through participation in team development projects, providing comments and suggestions
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment, and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Write product and/or application information including manuals, procedures and datasheets
- Travel to assist with software implementation and system integration in the field
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Solid background in Software Development principles and practices. Object-oriented design skills are required. A strong background in Mathematics is required.
- Experience with the .NET framework, Visual Studio, Mercurial, and other software development tools. Comfortable working with a substantial legacy codebase
- Must write clean, readable, maintainable object-oriented code
Basic knowledge in the fundamentals of spectroradiometer, photometry and colorimetry is desired. Experience with light measurement test equipment, electronic laboratory equipment, or commercial display equipment is a plus
- General PC skills in Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Linux knowledge is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other Engineering disciplines
To apply, click the button below. Be sure to include your name and the position you are applying for, along with your resume.