Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego offers the world’s most comprehensive selection of precision light measurement instruments, backed by the industry’s most knowledgeable support team. We have an opening for the following position in our Engineering Department.
This position is for a Systems Scientist to support optical systems development, integration and testing. It includes assisting in the development, test, and manufacture of products, systems, and applications for various Gamma Scientific’s light measurement products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in the design, integration, and testing of light measurement products and systems for Display, AR&VR Displays, Reflectance, and other applications.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop new products and custom systems. Work with other Engineers on qualification testing of new products.
- Manage, develop, build, integrate and test custom systems for customers. Travel to install systems and provide training as needed.
- Lead projects and project teams to develop complex light measurement systems and to develop new applications for existing products.
- Ongoing support of existing products.
- Write System Technical Manuals and White Papers. Participate and present in product-related technical conferences.
- Assist sales in customer demos. Provide technical sales support. Interface with customers as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- 5 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of college-level Physics, Optics, Engineering with knowledge in the fundamentals of photometry and colorimetry.
- Working knowledge of Matlab and Python programming.
- 3-5 years of experience with optics and opto-mechanical. Working knowledge of optics design software such as Tracepro or Zeemax a plus.
- Strong understanding of general test and measurement processes.
- Working experience with software control, electro-optical-mechanical instrumentation.
- Must understand basic problem solving and process development methodology.
- PC skills in Windows environment including Excel, Word, Visual Basic.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills. Good technical writing ability.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
- Working knowledge of machining equipment such as Mills, Lathes and basic power and hand tools.
Minimum BS degree in Physics, Optics, or Engineering. Graduate degree a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write reports and understand procedures and manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and technicians.
To apply, click the button below. Be sure to include your name and the position you are applying for, along with your resume.