Gamma Scientific is excited to announce the open position of Senior Software Engineer. We are looking for a true, passionate software engineer to join our software development team. This role will participate in the entire software development cycle of data acquisition and control systems for laboratory and factory automation applications. The ideal candidate will have experience with hardware integration and communication protocols.
Why You Want to Work with Us –
- We work on very esoteric projects. Some are one-off custom installations. Some become part of our product line. It’s always interesting and challenging. You need to bring everything you know.
- Our projects are generally smaller – one and two-person efforts.
- You have significant freedom of design and the tool choices to get there.
About You –
You have a strong sense of ownership and are dedicated to developing quality software that is manageable, maintainable, and thoughtfully designed. You are self-directed and independent but are capable of working within a team to ensure on-time delivery of quality products. You have the capacity to multi-task and develop entirely new software products as well as maintain existing code.
Expected Skills and Experience –
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years software engineering experience with a solid understanding of software development and coding
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object-oriented analysis and design, with a strong understanding of common software performance issues and tradeoffs
- An ability and desire to understand a new problem space, learn any new skills or information required, and craft flexible and efficient solutions
- Experience in algorithm development
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- Strong proficiency in .NET Windows environment
- Proficiency in one or more object-oriented programming languages (C#, C++, Java)
- Hardware integration and communication interface experience
- Experience leading software development projects
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Helpful Skills and Experience –
- Management of software projects
- Knowledge and understanding of WPF
- Experience with image processing
- Developing with camera SDK’s
- Experience with programming in C, Python, or MATLAB
- Experience with controlling stepper motors
- Knowledge of light metrology
About Us –
Gamma Scientific is a fast-paced company that offers opportunities to forge software design and development of science-based applications. At Gamma Scientific, we have over 60 years of expertise in building high-performance light measurement systems and are trusted by the world’s leading organizations to provide accurate results using both standard and custom solutions. Gamma Scientific continues to be a technology pioneer, setting the pace with such innovations as computer-controlled light measurement systems for Displays, including AR and VR, tunable LED light source for image sensor testing, mobile reflectometers for Nightime Highway Safety. We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our team and help to bring the light metrology industry’s new cutting-edge technology. We offer a number of challenging applications to utilize and grow your skills as well as excellent benefits with a 401(k) matching plan, a great location, and freedom to develop and design software.
To apply, click the button below. Be sure to include your name and the position you are applying for, along with your resume.